This run is for you Jess!
I had already signed up for the Salmon Run when I found out Jess and crew were running the River Run on Saturday. I still wanted a shirt though and I knew I could wear it on Sunday for the Salmon Run. I wanted to continue showing my support for Jess and all that she is fighting for. It is my new favorite shirt and has many races in its future!
My Mom's work, Mt. Stuart Physical Therapy and Balance Point Gym, have put the Salmon Run on for 8 years now in conjunction with the Leavenworth Salmon Festival. For the first 6 years they put it on I always thought, "Run the race? Ha!" Well, then Gina convinced me to run the Wenatchee Marathon 10K in 2008 and the rest, as they say, is history. Despite running quite a few other races it just didn't work out for me to do the Salmon Run. This year I was the first registrant! I tried to parlay that into getting a prize but maybe Luke, Nancy and Will didn't get the message... Anyway, this race is going on my annual schedule along with the Birch Bay Road Race in March from here on out. I had a blast. Great course, great people, great event.
After all the rain Saturday night I was glad to wake up to clouds, but no rain. Perfect running weather.
My friend Edrie was there, this was her first 10K ever and she rocked it! (Ummm is it just me or do I look like a giant in this picture?!)
"Hi Will! Best run Ever!" It does scare me just a bit that I look so darn enthusiastic. Who looks like that while running 6.2 miles?
"Will, that hill to Snow Lakes is BRUTAL. I forgive you though, I can almost see the finish line."
I totally wish I could blame my soaking wet shirt on the rain, but no, I just sweat that much.
Wearing my Team Jess shirt was the best decision of the day. I might have been the only one at the Salmon Run representing, but I know there were lots of other Team members out there sending me positive thoughts and I am convinced that shirt has special powers. How else did I run up the Icicle to Snow Lakes only walking for 10 seconds?! For any of you that have run that stretch, you know what I am talking about. And guess what? I get to do it again during the Oktoberfest Half in a couple weeks. BRING IT.


No comments:
Post a Comment