Dear Jess,
Saturday, September 18, 2010 was a day I won't soon forget. I hadn't seen you in person since just before you found out about the tumor. I still remember going to functionals one morning and seeing Megan. I was giving her a bad time about not showing up very often anymore and asked where you were.
"Jessica has a brain tumor and is over in Seattle for surgery."
My first reaction was that she must be kidding and that is really not funny. I couldn't process what she was saying. I immediately began following your blog and check it every day if I can.
We met at the gym and bonded over shared pain at 5:00 in the morning. I always looked forward to your smiling face and joking about how we went to bed at 8:00 pm in order to get up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am. We haven't really known eachother that long and our friendship hadn't quite made it outside of the gym walls. None of that matters though. You have touched my heart and your life is an inspiration to me.
I was honored to be part of Team Jess. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to come and support you and meet the other members of Team Jess. You ran a great race. I hope to join you for many more in the future.
Big Hugs,
Sara
We met at the gym and bonded over shared pain at 5:00 in the morning. I always looked forward to your smiling face and joking about how we went to bed at 8:00 pm in order to get up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am. We haven't really known eachother that long and our friendship hadn't quite made it outside of the gym walls. None of that matters though. You have touched my heart and your life is an inspiration to me.
I was honored to be part of Team Jess. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to come and support you and meet the other members of Team Jess. You ran a great race. I hope to join you for many more in the future.
Big Hugs,
Sara
Team Jess before the race. Jess's Grandma did the 5k in a wheelchair. Awesome.

She's one amazing gal! Great pictures Sarah!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweetheart!!! And you're too nice :) Thank you so much for coming and cheering us on, even though you had a race the next day. And the photos are so wonderful to have!!! Thank you so much!!
ReplyDelete