In the end though, the house is painted! It was just Jay and I and I like to think that I actually helped. I did provide the comic relief as usual. We finished up the prep work and sprayed on the primer on Saturday. Then on Sunday we realized we still hadn't decided on a color. Not quite sure how we were planning to paint the house without a color...it took us all morning and ten samples later to decide. And we are not completely thrilled. I like the body color and think it will look good once we get the trim painted. Which can happen once we decide on a color for it! Ahhhhhhh! You probably can't tell in this photo, but there are three shades of the same color on this trim and we can't pick one. Hmmmm, maybe we are being too Type A? Paint the darn thing already. We are both exhausted by it. Our conversations for the last four days have gone something like this:
Jay: I hate the house color. It looks like a big grey battleship.
Me: I like the house color. It will look much better with trim painted. I like the middle trim color.
Jay: Well in the morning I like the house color, it looks greenish. I think the trim needs to be more green. But the sheds look blueish. I think they need blue trim.
Me: In this light I like the trim color with white added.
Jay: Let's paint the house again.
Me: Uhhhh, or not. I don't want to spend any more money or time on it.
Jay: I hate the house color.
Me: It will be okay. What color should we paint the trim?
See? Exhausting! It is driving us both nuts and we are so tired of talking about it. Everybody thought I was kidding when I said we should paint the house orange, but I really think I had the right idea.
In non house related business, why have I never set foot in Farmhouse Table the three years it has been open?! I am in disbelief. I finally went in last week on my home from work and came out with a plethora of veggies for $20! It would have cost me twice that at the store and these are all local and fresh. They buy from farmers from Leavenworth to Quincy. It is essentially like the farmers market without having to battle the crowd. And next year I want to join the CSA so we get a delivery of whatever is in season every week. Score! Apparently they have recently expanded to include eggs, meat, milk etc. This is my new favorite place. Seriously, you should all check it out http://communityfarmconnection.org/.
TTFN! Ta Ta For Now! - Tiger, Winnie the Pooh
No comments:
Post a Comment