It's signed, recorded and official. Jay and I own 15.86 acres 5 miles up Nahahum Canyon. Whoa folks. That's a lotta land! Our lives will be changing over the course of the next year. The loose plan is to put our house on the market in the spring and hope it sells. Then move up the canyon and live in our shop. I know what you are thinking: girl is crazy. What can I say? My parents did it so it must be in my blood. And Jay has promised to build a nice apartment in the shop for us. I trust him and I know he does good work. The shop already has a bathroom so the plumbing and electrical is installed. That makes things a bit easier. Assuming of course the cold winter and the fire last summer didn't destroy things so badly we have a lot of repair work to do. The fire also destroyed the manufactured home that was on the property. The way we look at it that is a bonus. Now the building site for our future home is open and ready. Nahahum Canyon has had forest fires the past two summers I believe. What are you going to do though? Our property is open without thick stands of trees and we will be prepared. It is what it is.
We have much to think about and decide. We are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives and can't wait to live out of town again. We both grew up like this and feel we are heading back to our roots. Bring on the goats and the ducks!
 |
| Jay and Chloe heading up our driveway...all .8 miles of it. |
 |
| Looking up at the house where will eventually be. Just to the left of the hill on the right. |
 |
| See that shop? Yep, home sweet home. |
 |
| Standing on the future home site. |
No comments:
Post a Comment