Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Monarani Madness

When my Mom & Dad moved to Leavenworth they bought a piece of property and lived in a small house....actually it is a shed....for three years.  During the Winter of '79, one of the coldest on record I am told, they didn't like to hang out in the shed much.  Or use the outhouse.  I can't really blame them.  They spent a lot of time in town at their favorite new bakery: Oberland.  Here they met the owners, two great people: Mike and Nancy.  Spending an inordinate amount of time at the bakery led to a friendship between the four that lasts to this day.

In 1981, my Mom and Nancy both got pregnant.  I arrived in April of '82 with Angie following slightly later in July of '82.  Gina showed up in '84, Nicole in '85, and Carla in '88.  The Monaco and Carani or as we dubbed ourselves, Monarani, clan was complete.  I barely remember a time when Angie & Nicole weren't at our house and vice versa.  Or we were all at the bakery.  mmmmm, the bakery...... Sorry. That will have to be a post for another day.

There have been many adventures shared between the five of us girls over the years, but for at least the last four years we have not all been together at the same time in the same place.  One of us is always off in a different country.  Yesterday the stars aligned and for a little over 24 hours all five of us were in Leavenworth.  This is crazy. I am serious.  Nicole has been working in New Zealand for the past year and was home for a brief two weeks before returning to work for another seven months.  And Gina, we all know she has literally been to the ends of the Earth over the past 15 months.  Gina flew in Monday night.  Nicole flew out Wednesday night.  Tuesday night the Monaranis partied.

"You are here for a good time, not a long time..." ~ Gregory from Barbados.  Exactly! It was a brief reunion, but oh so sweet.  The decibel level rose to almost unbearable levels, we all talked at once, the wine flowed, we laughed until we cried, and the picture taking was out of control.  I may or may not have taken about 60 last night.  No joke. 

Gina, Carla, Angie, Nicole and of course the parental units: I LOVE YOU GUYS.  Can't believe we were all together again last night.  And Jay, thanks for being the wonderful, patient husband you are and enduring the madness for me.

Carla & I showing our excited faces at the airport.

 Mom's reaction to seeing Gina after 15 months.
Pops pretending he is not excited.

Sister sandwich.

We had champagne...in the car.  Shhhhh.

Me Fred. Build Fire. Ooo Ooo Ooo.

Mom, Nicole, Sara, Angie, Carla, Nancy Gina. The Monarani women.

Sister love.
  
Nicole and Sam (honorary Monaco).
  
Pyramid! Nice work ladies...and Sam.

Angie, Nancy, Sam, Nicole.  Excellent pose guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment