Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Trees 2010

Lindsey and Carl invited me to join them and the kids for a Christmas tree hunt.  I couldn't say yes fast enough.  Jay and I haven't had a tree for a few years, mainly because we are always working on the house.  This year is no exception since we are laying the floor.  I decided I could go one more year without one...until I talked to Lindsey.  And then I thought I would just go along for fun.  And then I thought, well maybe just a small one....I didn't exactly succeed at getting a small one.  My excuse is that they all look small in the forest.  

It was a fun afternoon.  I love Christmas and all of the preparations.  Then I got to spend a few hours with Lindsey and the kids giving baths and reading stories.  An excellent end to a great day.

 Alice is set!


Alice and Lindsey. 


 They found the one!


 Hmmmm, Honey, I think we need to chop about three feet off of this.  (It still didn't fit in the living room. Oops.)

  
Jay, I promise this is a small tree...


 Alice is such a ham.  She got quite the hot cocoa mustache.


Lindsey, "Sara, do you want me to take one of the kids?" Me, "No way. I love this." :-)


Sleeping baby...is there anything sweeter?
 

At the Womens' Resource Center annual gala we received Christmas cards made by children living at the Bruce.  The verse inside was written by a 12 year old girl.  I think it is an excellent reminder for not only this time of year, but every day.  From the mouth of babes...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment