Then, at the coffee stand this morning we were all chatting about cooking and low and behold Jack and Susie also got the "Joy of Cooking" for a wedding gift! He said they have a few versions and he uses his all the time. Especially when he can't remember how to boil eggs. Jenni commented that she has never boiled an egg properly. So here you go Jenni, I looked it up in the "Joy of Cooking". The title is for Hard, Soft, or Coddled Eggs. See there they go again, coddled? Am I the only one that has never hear of a coddled egg? Sounds funny. Anyway, I digress.
Hard-Cooked Eggs
Place Eggs in Pan
Cover with cold water
Bring to a boil
Reduce to simmering for 10-15 minutes
Plunge into cold water immediately

Last but not least, Becky loaned me Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. Warning: do not watch this movie if you are hungry. I didn't know anything about Julia Childs, I have never even seen one of her shows. Now I love her. The movie is great and a must see in my opinion.

Am I becoming a "foodie"???
No comments:
Post a Comment