So. I have a bit of obsessive compulsive disorder. Or a lot. It depends on the day and what I am doing. I have known this about myself for quite a while. I am not sure people around me notice unless I point it out and I think Jay notices a little bit. I try to downplay it. Because I mean really, some of the stuff I do is just plain ridiculous. For example, I have a nightly ritual when I set the alarm. And I have to set it. I don't trust Jay to do it. Finally a couple of weeks ago Jay asked me why the heck it takes so long to set the alarm. I proceeded to walk him through it. He laughed. He told me I should never tell anybody else about it. In light of that I will leave that particular ritual for another post. This morning I was in line at the latte stand and I immediately organized the baked goods so that the bagels are grouped together and the muffins are grouped together. I do this every morning. Sometimes I even organize them by type of bagel and muffin. The lady behind me said something to the effect of, "Whoa. That is really O.C.D." Ummmmmmm, yeah.
- When I put the cap on a pen I make sure that part you can use to clip onto a piece of paper is lined up with the wording on the pen.
- When I put my rings on I make sure that the inscriptions on the inside can be read from left to right.
- All of the shirts in my closet have to hang so the buttons are on the left.
- The volume in the car or on the T.V. has to be an even number.
- If I touch something with my right hand I then have to touch it with my left hand. And vice versa.
Am I weird? I think so. After witnessing the bagel debacle this morning Jack gave me a quote:
"Perfection is the enemy of excellence."
I think I should probably print that off and post it on my mirror, in my car, and on my computer. Maybe then I will chill out a little bit. Doubt it. I will probably just have to make sure the font is the same in each place I put it. That I place it in the bottom left hand corner of everything...You get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment