Just ask Jay or his brother Clint. They have taken cross country trips in VW buses and I am pretty sure there has always been at least one Volkswagen laying around between the two of them. Let's see I think Clint is down to 3 right now: a bus; a buggie; and a beetle - two run, one doesn't. Jay has only had one since I have know him: a beetle he is turning into a baja bug. It doesn't run because the motor isn't in it, but he has it! And it has come a long way. Last week Jay got a call that someone he had met was selling his VW buggie and wanted to give Jay first dibs. We went to pick it up before work last Friday. It started...barely - it had to be jumped, and Jay drove it away. I was following him and we made it about 1 mile before I could hear it spluttering, we pulled over and that was it! HA! Jay says this is typical with Volkswagens. I thought it was funny. We had to go get the tow bar etc. to get it home. He got it running later that day and we went for a little cruise. I tried to drive it, but I am pretty sure I was just pushing the clutch in and letting it coast. It was harder than I thought! So now we have two Volkswagens.



No comments:
Post a Comment