Monday, September 28, 2009

Mommy 101

I forgot my camera so I apologize that I don't have any pictures to go along with this post. Especially since Alice is so stinkin' cute. Lindsey and Carl went to the Seahawks game on Sunday and asked if I could spend the day with Alice. OF COURSE. At 17 months she is a lot of fun and the only sign she is teething was all the drool, she was one happy baby! I hope Alice had as much fun as I did. Some highlights of our day together:
  • 9:00 am naptime didn't exactly happen since Alice decided she wanted to stay awake. So I put her in the stroller instead to go for a run. Note to self: she fell asleep within 10 minutes!
  • Everyone kept telling me it is so much more difficult to run with a baby in a stroller, especially as the babies get bigger and heavier. I am stubborn enough that I ignored them and went almost 2 miles up Badger Mountain Road. Did I say that is uphill? My quad muscles scream in protest every time I try and stand up today.
  • I remembered to slather Alice in sunscreen and make sure she was shaded. Me? Not so much, I got a lovely sunburn.
  • After our run it was time to feed Alice lunch...but I also desperately needed a shower. My solution? Roll her highchair down the hallway to outside the bathroom. As soon as she heard the water she kept saying "bath? bath?" Once she realized it wasn't for her she gave me a look that said "Lady are you crazy? Don't you know I eat lunch in the kitchen? What do you want me to do out here?" But it worked!
  • We went to the park and met Desiree and Rylee to play. Rylee is 4 months older than Alice. They didn't interact a whole lot, but both enjoyed the time outside. Halfway to the park I realized I had forgotten the stroller and even though Alice ate, I didn't! Ummmm...maye this whole mom thing is more complicated than I thought???
  • Once we got home it was time for my, oh I mean Alice's, afternoon nap...which she wasn't interested in. We played outside, read books, ate dinner, took a bath, watched Sesame Street and then FINALLY she fell asleep. :-)

Obviously those of you with children already know this...being a mom is hard work! I'm not sure who was more tired by the end of the day, me or Alice. It was lots of fun though and allows me to have baby time without hounding Jay for one of our own. Thanks for playing with me all day Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment