Saturday was the fifth annual Oktoberfest Marathon. I orginally signed up for the half, but after my ten mile training run, sore ankles, and just overall burn out I decided I didn't want to do it anymore. I also didn't want to lose my entrance fee that I had already paid AND they were giving out sweatshirts this year. Couldn't miss out on that! So I rounded up five friends and with minimal arm twisting convinced them it would be a good idea to join me for the marathon relay - with six of us we would only have to each run between 4 and 4.5 miles. Then the night before the race I was talking to Will and mentioned that this was going to be an all day event to finish the entire 26.2 miles. He gave me the best idea ever: since there were six of us and two people ultimately run the same leg just at different times, why not go at the same time? BRILLIANT! This way Emily and I ran together (well if you must know she beat me :-) ), Desiree and Delcie ran the second leg at the same time and then Lindsey and Edrie finished up. This way we were done in a little over two hours instead of 4-5. So much better! Thanks a million Will. Of course he might have had an ulterior motive since he needed me as a babysitter by 5:30, which obviously wouldn't have worked if we were still running, but I don't care. :-) The day started out freezing - literally 35 degrees or something - so cold! It warmed up to a beautiful day though and it was lots of fun. I got some of the girls hooked on running - hee hee. Next year I think we will all do the half.
Desiree, Delcie, Sara, Emily Pre-Race
Desiree, Emily, Sara, Lindsey, Edrie Post - Race
Baby Ella, Edrie's daughter, and our support crew.
This is what I'm talking about!
My sis Carla working it in the dirndel.
I introduced Desiree to Bratwurst. Look how happy she is.

All in all an excellent day with a fun group of girls. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment