Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wreath Mania

I might be in denial that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, with Christmas nipping at its heels, but that hasn't seemed to slow time down any. We all know store displays have had Christmas up for weeks now and there was even Christmas music playing the other day. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music to a fault. I do try to hold off until after Thanksgiving though. And I may or may not have an obsession with Jim Carrey's The Grinch, but I most certainly won't watch it until after Thanksgiving because after turkey day that baby doesn't come out of the DVD player. Since time hasn't slowed down I figured I might as well embrace the season. Last Saturday proved the perfect jumping off point.

Jaime hosted a wreath decorating party for wreaths that will be auctioned off as one of the fundraisers during The Festival of Trees, which benefits The Performing Arts Center. Girls only, although I am sure if there was any guy out there wanting to craft he would have been more than welcome! There were six of us girls, mimosas, food, and glitter everywhere. I might still be sporting some today.


Because I am a procrastinator I went to Crafties Saturday morning to get inspiration and pick up supplies. I think my heart stopped for a brief second when I walked in the door. As Delcie said, "Did you need a brown paper bag to breathe in?" Yes! I love to craft, decorate, put together arrangements etc. and going into Crafties is like I have died and gone to heaven. If I had the budget to go with my ideas... This time I managed to get out and only spend $30. That could be an all time low for me. Don't tell Jay.


It was fun to see all the girls' ideas come out in their wreaths, and Delcie did a tree.  They are all unique.  I told Jay he needs to go bid on mine.  Or I guess I could just make another one.  Thanks for hosting us Jaime!

Delcie's tree had a slight Dr. Seuss flair.  Awesome.

Kozue made oragami for her wreath.  She has more patience than me!
Jill, you are too cute and so is your wreath!

Stacie's wreath was a cookie making kit.  Very clever!

Ta Da!

I wish I had a picture of Jaime and her wreath.  She did an advent wreath and was painstakingly attaching 25 bags to be filled with goodies.  She wasn't quite done when I left, but I hear it turned out great.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those wreaths look fantastic and it looks like you all had so much fun making them.

    ReplyDelete