I was recently chastised by my sister, the wild middle child, Gina for not featuring her on the blog as of late. I guess she got used to seeing semi-regular Antarctica updates and then forgot that this is my blog and I am in charge of deciding what goes up. I told her to start her own. But then....well, I didn't have anything exciting to write about. Unless you count that it is snowing today, November 9. That's early right? Maybe not. I can never remember from year to year. And everyone at work was giving me a bad time because I took off my sweater and wore my tank top all day. I was hot okay? And I was pretending I was in Barbados. Sheesh.
Back to Gina. After leaving the ice (Antarctica) in late August she headed to New Zealand. It was still too cold there for her liking so she jetted over to Tonga. What? You don't know where that is? I didn't either. It is a small island in the South Pacific. It is also a sailing mecca. So after bumming around Tonga for awhile she got herself a crew position on a sail boat headed to Fiji, New Caledonia and finally Australia. Aside from being seasick it sounds like she had a fantastic adventure. She is in Australia now living it up with her friends from back in her University days before she flies home November 29. That's right, she is actually coming back to the States and to Leavenworth for at least a month. Or that is what I last heard anyway. We haven't seen her for over a year so we are all looking forward to it. Party at Pangborn on November 29 at 5:00!
 |
| Hooray for sun and heat! Still looking a little pale...(Tonga) |
 |
| Somewhere in Tonga. Look at the color of that water! |
 |
| He let her drive the boat?! |
 |
| I don't think she is working hard enough. |
 |
| Pretty skies. |
And I don't want Carla to feel left out. So let's all celebrate that her new dog, Elwood, found his way back home to her after Carla's tire blew out on the way to my parent's house and Elwood freaked out and ran away. That was about one mile up the Chumstick and Carla lives out East Leavenworth Road. It took him two days, but he made it back to Carla. Hooray! He is so smart.
 |
| The handsome Elwood. |
Love you Sisters! Only 20 more days until the Carani Trio is reunited.
No comments:
Post a Comment