Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Post of Many Colors

Wow.  Haven't updated the blog in awhile so I have a lot to say.  And I had a lot of titles I wanted to use so I think I will title each paragraph.  Here goes.

Last fall when I started going to they gym Mondays and Thursdays for a 5:10 a.m. class I met a girl named Jessica.  She is funny and nice and it was great to make friends at the gym to commiserate with that early in the morning.  A couple months ago I saw Jess's friend Megan and asked where Jess was.  She has a brain tumor.  I won't even try to explain it myself, but when you get a chance click the link above and go read her story on her blog.  It is incredibly inspirational and moving.  She is 29.  She is amazing.  

Fishing Widow
As my neighbor recently pointed out I am fast becoming a fishing widow. :-)  The season opened on the Columbia July 1st and I haven't seen Jay much since.  He fishes in the morning. He fishes at night.  Right now the count is five Sockeye and one Chinook.  As I type this he and his buddy Matt are planning to leave at 3 AM tomorrow morning to head up north for some fishing.  3 AM!!!!  Even I don't get up that early.  Well unless you count the time last week I tried to go to the gym at 1 AM.....thank goodness Jay woke up and asked me if I was alright.  Then he told me it was 1 AM not 5 AM.  whoops.

Chinook #1

 
3rd of July
Who wants to celebrate a holiday on the real day.  How boring. :-) Actually I just didn't want to to host a bbq on Sunday, have to clean up and then go to work the next day.  So I was being lazy.  So we had the bbq on Saturday.  And I think it was much better.  Final count: 19 adults; 5 kids; 2 dogs; lots of yummy food.  Thanks everyone for coming to our 2nd annual 4th of July BBQ!

 
Last year Gracie was 3 days old.  This year she is thisclose to walking.  Too cute for words.  And don't worry, that bottle is empty. :-)
 
Go M's!!!
Last night Jay and I witnessed a miracle.  The Mariners won.  Against the Yankees.  I know right? Who would have thought.  Thanks to Jose Lopez for the grand salami in the bottom of the 8th.  Take that all you Yankee fans who were sitting in our seats and taking up half the stadium.  Go back to New York.  I had never been to Safeco Field before and it was a great weekend to go.  Lots of fun.  I made sure to partake in all of the baseball game necessities: beer; polish dog; kettle korn.


  As usual Jay wouldn't look at the camera for me.  Maybe he is embarrassed by me?  Nah, that couldn't be it.


Now, prepare yourselves.  These ladies almost need a blog dedicated entirely to themselves.  They were sitting down in front of us and every time they walked by I asked Jay if they were for real.  I mean look at that hair.  It has got to be a joke right? Wrong.  As the people next to us, who also fully appreciated the style for what it was said, Rod Stewart wants his hair back.  And there were two of them!  It was hilarious.  Even if we had lost these two totally made the night worth it.  Thank you.


Well I think that is all for now.  The boys have to get their beauty sleep and rest up to catch all the fishies tomorrow.  Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. Rod Stewart is right! Goodness! Love that you captured year another mullet moment!

    ReplyDelete