Did ya'll think I disappeared? No such luck! HA! I have switched jobs at the Hospital, I am in the accounting department now. I am happy with my decision to make the move, but of course this means I am having to remember how to do accounting. Some days are better than others...just ask my coworkers! My brain is pretty tired these days when I get home so the last thing I want to do is get back on the computer. But enough about that, down to the stuff you are really interested in. Or not, either way since it is my blog I am going to fill you in on what is going on around here.
The Kitchen...drum roll please...
This is what we (Jay) had to start with. The refridgerator (sp?) is behind the door.
Then Chloe and I went for a run, came back, and it looked like this. For any of you that have cleaned up lath and plaster, you know that this was not the best part of our Memorial Day Weekend!
We got some shelving at Lowes and moved the kitchen to the dining room.
Jay moved some of the old cabinets and part of the counter as well. And since the plumbing is easily accessible in the basement he even hooked up the sink! We have a temporary, functioning kitchen. And...well...we actually like it better than our "real" kitchen.
I was a bit afraid that since we were satisfied with our temporary situation we would be less than motivated to keep moving forward. Never fear though! As I write this Jay is making an obscene amount of noise sawing, cutting, nailing etc. as he takes out the old window and puts in the new. Next is the wiring, move a little plumbing (I think), and new drywall. Then the cabinets! It will probably be a couple months and I am stoked to have a new kitchen. And this time around is already going better than last time. Thanks Jay! You're the bestest.
Traci & Jason's Wedding!
Jay and I
Siblings. John (Dad) Traci & Ryan (twins), Clint and Jay
Jay's sister Traci got married over Memorial Day Weekend in Manson. And she lucked out: Saturday was beautiful amidst all the rain we have been having. It was a great time. Traci's twin and Jay and Clint's brother Ryan made it, plus all of the aunts and uncles. Meeting her new hubby Jason's family was a blast. They are all from Maine and his Dad, Sherman, is a real live lobster fisherman! I am totally going to visit him. Fresh lobster? Yum.
Okay, well I think that pretty much gets us up to speed. Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment