Thursday, May 13, 2010

Freddie's 58!

Pops had a birthday last weekend.  The big five eight.  Because this was an even numbered birth year it was time to celebrate (he rests on odd numbered years).  And how else would he ring in the occasion than a big bonfire.  Pops is quite the pyro.  I think this tendency has always rested just under the surface, but over the past 10 or so years it has really manifested itself.  He has become known for his epic bonfires, spending the day constructing them and you definitely don't want to be late for ignition!  And don't worry, there are always at least three water stations set up to get the beast under control if it gets out of control.

As Jay and I pulled up on Monday I asked Jay if he thought the bonfire looked like a pair of breasts.  I wondered what the heck my Dad had done now.


Her name is Sophia.  Who is Sophia? Nobody knows.

She burned magnificently.


Me, Mom, Pops


Jay and I


My sister-in-law was there...I had to explain to her that my Dad doesn't censor himself much anymore. I guess that is what happens when all three of your girls grow up and move out.  Or maybe we just never understood his sense of humor before.  Either way this year didn't disappoint.  Way to go Pops!  I am sure you are already planning your next one.  Good luck topping this.  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment