Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend and the Kitchen

The weather was beautiful this weekend. Did we enjoy it? Well I took a short cat nap in the lawn chair on Saturday until Jay put me back to work. And we did sit outside in the evenings. Other than that it was work work work and more work. Jay really out did himself. He textured and painted everything and then by about 7:30 Sunday evening all of the upper cabinets were in. It looks awesome. He asked me if I wanted to help him paint and I said, "No. You always tell me I am doing it wrong and redo it anyway." He said that was fine, but he had another job for me instead. I told him no problem. Guess what it was...CLEAN THE GUTTERS!!! Did he not get the memo about me being afraid of heights? I really don't like the ladder. I was also told I had to do it completely by myself, no asking for help because he would be busy. And if I didn't think I could do it not to even bother, he didn't want to have to finish for me. Well alrighty then! I did clean them all by myself thankyouverymuch. Including moving the heavy extension ladder around and setting it up. There were no casulties except a few scratches from the bush I had to work around. I think that is going to be my job now...I should have done a horrible job. Other than that I ran support crew as normal: laundry, cleaning, food etc. Oh wait, I did get in trouble...I was taking the laundry downstairs and while I was trying to get around the door I hit the wall with the corner of the laundry basket. The freshly textured and painted wall Jay had finished a few hours before. UH OH. I told him it was an accident and that I was sorry, but it is at least an inch long and a deep gouge. Crap. I guess I need to pad everything. Now, without further ado, pictures of the kitchen! Which I know is why you really stopped by. Ciao!

Saturday Morning



Sunday Night

No comments:

Post a Comment