Saturday Morning on the Columbia.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. ~ Buddha
Monday, July 27, 2009
Best Two Days of Fishing EVER!!!
Jay loves to fish. He grew up fishing. My family didn't have a boat and we didn't spend much time on the water. When Jay and I first started dating he took me fishing for my first time and I caught my first trout. We have gone fishing many times since then, but I don't usually catch very many if I am lucky enough to catch one at all. So when Jay said he wanted to go up north of Brewster to fish the mouth of the Okanogan River on Saturday and we had to get up at 4 a.m. I didn't exactly jump out of bed with excitement. We got up and made it out on the water a little after 6 a.m. It turned out to be the most fun I have had fishing ever. I brought home 3 nice Sockeye and lost 4 right at the boat. Jay caught 1 Sockeye and another 24.5 pound Summer Chinook. I have never reeled in so many fish. I learned how to bait my own hook and put my line in the water with the downrigger. It was cloudy that day and perfect to be on the water. It was so much fun!!! So much fun in fact that I wanted to go again on Sunday and for a second time voluntarily got up at 4 a.m. The limit was four Sockeye each and we both limited out in less than three hours. We must have been doing something right because the other boats started asking us what we were using. Hooray for us!!! It was a great weekend, exhausting, but great. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how fun sara! i cant believe how big jay's fish was! i am glad you had such a fun time.!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicke! I probably would have fallen in the water trying to reel in that big of a fish. ha ha. How is Wyoming?
ReplyDelete