The side door to our house that we use on a daily basis (maybe because we don't have a key to the front door?) is not exactly what you would call solid. I bet you could put your foot through it (not where the kitty door is!) if you really wanted to. Jay and I also discovered that if you lock yourself out you can sit on the step, reach up through the kitty door and unlock the door! We bought a new door awhile ago and Jay installed it on Saturday. The built in window opens, which I really like. It opens on the left, which will take some getting used to, but is much safer. However, when I woke up this morning (Jay had gone to work about an hour prior) the door was wide open! I guess the safety feature of a solid door only works if you make sure it is closed. :-)


Ralfie is a little P.O.'ed that we had to move his kitty door and he has let us know about it!
Jay worked his butt off and got our little shed sided and the roof trusses up and sheeted. I learned how to frame a wall, I cut some 2x4's and I held sheets while Jay cut or nailed them, but other than that was not much help.

Recognize the blue door??? We are all about recycling.

Not a very exciting weekend, but we got a lot done. Oh yeah, the fence is also officially complete! We did go see The Hangover on Saturday. It was hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment