Monday, August 9, 2010

Concrete, Classmates & Cats

Concrete counter tops take two.  We are happy with the way they turned out in this house and I think overall the process went much smoother.  For one, Ralfie didn't jump on them at the the last minute!
15 bags of concrete


 A concrete mixer = happy Sara.  Last time I mixed 20 bags in a wheelbarrow.  This was a HUGE improvement.


Formed up and ready to roll.



Those bottom forms will come off soon, then we acid wash and seal.


We liked the leaves last time so we did it again, but this time Jay made a cool pattern.  It is pretty hard to photograph, and yes those leaves come out just leaving the impression.


Saturday night was also my ten year high school reunion.  I hated high school so I am pretty surprised I even made an appearance.  It was okay though because it was a small turnout and a few of us just went to dinner and the bar.
Mattea, Eva, me, Abby, Angie


Jay is still fishing.  Can you believe it? He has filled up one catch record card and is working on his second.  Here is his second Chinook of the year.  And I just got a text that he caught another one.  Who wants fish?


And Lucifer Lucy? Well I think we are keeping her.  She is a bit of a holy terror.  Lucky for her she is so cute.  And I am introducing her to the outside.  That means two important things. One: no more cleaning the litter box (yuck).  Two: she can burn off some energy and quit harassing hanging out with us 24/7.
Chloe is a good big sister.  She even shares her toys!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I can look at your blog anymore....I have too much kitchen envy!

    ReplyDelete