Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Manzanita Madness



Jay and I descended upon Manzanita, OR over the weekend with approximately 30 of my relatives from near and far. WHOA. Good thing it is a slow season at the beach so we didn't get any complaints from the neighbors. When you get 30 people in one house because it is raining outside and we are eating and drinking and telling stories, well, we are pretty darn loud. Like, cover your ears loud. People said Jay should get the "Saint of the Weekend" award for being so brave and coming with me. I would have to agree.

We went down on Thursday and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon and following day on Friday before everyone else arrived. Then it rained all day Saturday and was beautiful yesterday when we left. Of course. Murphy's Law.

We call this weekend the April Birthday Bash. (Great) Aunt Mary and I have the same b-day. Then Grandma's b-day is the following day. Then cousin Connie and (Great) Aunt Zoe have the same b-day and (Great) Aunt Nancy also has a b-day in April. This year we were all there even though Zoe just turned 84 and came from West Virginina. I hope I inherited some of the good genes floating around in my Grandma's family. 

What a weekend! I know I needed another day to recover, I would imagine I am not the only one. And a BIG THANK YOU to Mary and Gene for opening their house to all of us yet again to enjoy beautiful Manzanita together.

Aunt Paulette and Uncle Geno



(Great) Uncle Joe and Uncle Bill


ummmm, did I mention we like to dress up in silly hats and wigs?

(Great) Aunts Zoe and Mary


Cousins Georgia & Natalie, Uncle Mike, Grandma


As Jay puts it "We are all comfortable in our own skin."  That is for sure. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment