Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Weekend

Busy, busy, busy. After work on Friday Kyla and I met up with Cari for a hike up Saddlerock. Chloe too. It was such a beautiful day everyone else must have had the same idea. We had to park half way down the road! Totally worth it though and a great way to start the weekend.

We are lucky to have a view like this so close to town.

Sara, Cari, Kyla

Then on Saturday Kyla, Emily, Desiree and I all ran the Eastmont Fun Run 10K. It was cold. As in 27 degrees when we woke up that morning. For some reason I didn't think I needed my gloves. Wrong! I am pretty sure my fingers almost fell off. It was a nice run to start our morning. Emily and Kyla got first and second in their age group respectively and Desiree and I got first and second in ours. My fastest 10k yet. We are all definitely ready for our 15K in Birch Bay next weekend.
Finished!
The daffodils in our yard have started blooming. Daffodils might just be one of my favorite flowers.

We also worked on the house. Windows are trimmed out and the beadboard is up!


Jay did the majority of the work as usual. I did paint all of those trim boards before they were up though. But then I tried to put doorknobs in the bedroom and got so mad Jay made me walk away. They are still not on. I couldn't do it. Then I decided to put up the lights in the hallway and dining room. I almost fell off the five gallon bucket and had to holler for Jay every five seconds, but they are up! Maybe next time I can actually to it by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment