Who would have thought going to Italy would provide Jay with a new hobby and our latest idea for a coffee table book. It started in Florence where people were pretty much shoulder to shoulder. I thought October might be a little less crowded, but no such luck. After getting off the train we muscled our way over the Ponte Vecchio hoping for fewer people on the other side. Again, no luck. We walked up to the Piazza Michelangelo and here it began. Jay had the camera and I wasn't paying much attention. Then I noticed him pointing it straight at another person. Me: "What are you doing?!" Him: "Taking pictures of all these people taking pictures." Ha Ha! He informed me that it was an art because you have to make it look like you are really taking a picutre of something else. In the very touristy areas this is not difficult. The picture below was taken later in the day and some of Jay's best work: he got a picture of the picture taker and the poser!

I am taking credit for this one. Two in one!

Photographer in the making.

Now, nobody steal our idea for a coffee table book, but next time you are on vacation try this. It is actually very entertaining and you can get some funny photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment